Hey! We are here to help you
Find answers to frequently asked questions
General questions about the company
Crewlinker is an online platform where seafarers can first and foremost create a (downloadable) complete, up-to-date, and sharp-looking profile for free.
Your profile is your resume and 'business card' in one. Add your sea services, certificates, education, and appraisals. You can share your profile with employers in pdf or via a link.
We are currently developing as a place where seafarers can find (the right) crewing agencies and operators, and vice versa. Soon, shipping companies from the offshore sector will be able to join the Crewlinker network, to find you a (suitable) sea job!
Crewlinker increases your chances in the offshore market. With your Crewlinker profile, you will stand out and be found for your next sea job, as:
You can create an optimal profile for free, which you can easily share with shipping companies.
→ Read how we facilitate the best first impression by showing your value at a glance to operators and crewing agencies.
2. Employers from the offshore market will soon be able to join the Crewlinker network.
You will have the possibility to directly connect
Your Crewlinker profile makes it easier and faster for operators and crewing agencies to search and find you
We make sure that you will find (suitable) sea jobs by matching you automatically with vacancies from the offshore market
3. We help you with our more than 10 years of experience in the maritime and offshore industry.
4. Optimizing your profile and finding you the best matches is supported by our uniformity, which was until now missing in the maritime and offshore industry.
→ Read more about the necessity of uniformity in increasing your sea job opportunities and how Crewlinker ensures the needed uniformity.
1. Click on the button ‘Create an account’ at the top right to start building your Crewlinker profile for free.
2. Fill in your email address and create a password. You will receive an email with the confirmation code and the link to a page where you can confirm your account.
! Make sure you don't click away from the confirmation page, otherwise you won't be able to confirm your account.
! Please note that you enter your email address with or without a capital letter. Our system considers the same email address as two different email addresses in both cases.
3. Fill in some standard information about yourself. Do this via ‘edit profile’. After, you can start adding your sea services, certificates, education, and appraisals. You can always easily update your profile.
4. Share your profile with operators and crewing agencies. Click on ‘Share Profile’ and choose ‘Create link’, ‘Download CV”, or both.
! Soon, shipping companies from the offshore industry will be able to join the Crewlinker network. You can directly find each other on the platform in an efficient manner. Simultaneously, we will automatically link seafarers with (suitable) sea jobs.
Protecting your personal information is important to us. Therefore, we handle your personal data with caution and security, following the requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When you leave your personal data on the Crewlinker website, we will process it in line with our privacy statement.
We collect and process your personal data, such as your telephone number, email address, gender, nationality, date of birth, and your resume. We also process additional information like your passport, certificates, other licenses, and sea services. Only the personal data that is relevant and necessary for our services will be collected and processed.
Companies that joined Crewlinker may be able to see your personal data from your account when their search matches your Crewlinker profile. Also here, a limited amount of your personal data, that’s only relevant and necessary, will be shared, and not without your prior consent. We receive your personal data with connection requests.
As we offer services over the world, your personal details can be gathered and processed on a worldwide basis. We ensure the right steps to protect your information.
→ Please read more about your privacy in detail in our privacy statement.
Question about log in or sign in
You didn’t confirm your account:
! When you try to log in or to change your password, you receive the message ‘Failed to login. User is not confirmed’ or 'Oops. Something went wrong'.
! When you try to register with the same email address again, you receive the message ‘Failed to register account. An account with the given email already exists'.
You didn’t notice that you received a confirmation code?
Please check your mailbox and fill in the given code via the given link that will send you to the confirmation page.
2. Did you notice the confirmation browser page?
You should fill in the confirmation code on the confirmation browser page. This browser window appeared when you clicked on 'Register Account' after filling in your email address and a password (see images below).
In case you don't have the browser window anymore, please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org or social media. We will delete your account, after which you can register an account again with the same email address. You will receive a new confirmation code. Make sure you keep the browser window, in order to fill in the code you will receive.
If you can’t log in, two things could have happened:
1. It could be that your account isn’t confirmed. That means that you haven’t filled in the code via the browser window that appeared when you clicked on 'Register Account' after filling in your email address and a password (see images below).
In case you don't have the browser window anymore, please contact our team via email@example.com or social media. We will delete your account, after which you can register an account again with the same email address. Make sure you keep the browser window, in order to fill in the code you will receive.
2. It could be that your email address or password isn’t correct.
! Concerning your password, you can always change your password by clicking on ‘Forgot your password'.
! Concerning your email address, please be careful with using capital letters as our login system is case-sensitive. That means, if you type in your email address with a capital letter, it is considered different from the same email address without a capital letter.
If you have forgotten your password, go to the login page.
Click on the option 'Forgot your password?'.
Enter the email address on the page to which you are referred.
Compose a new password with the link you will receive in your mailbox.
! Please check your spam box, if you can't find the email in your regular inbox. Didn't you receive an email? Check whether you have entered your email address correctly.
! Please be careful with using capital letters in your email address. Your email address with a capital letter is considered different from the same email address without a capital letter.
Question about main Crewlinker features
Use (a combination of) keywords or abbreviations (tags) that tell a little more about your position and the sea project that you have finished. For example 'dpo', 'North Sea', 'ship delivery' or 'dredging'.
! Don’t use native words, but write them in English. Operators and crewing agencies understand English and will use English keywords to search for you via Crewlinker. Otherwise, you don't appear in their search results due to the wrong use of your tags.
The additional project tags are a way to add some relevant information about your career. We offer tags instead of a free form description, as operators and crewing agencies don’t read large text. The tags make your profile complete and compact at once.
Appraisals legitimize your qualities. An appraisal is the proof that you're an excellent seafarer - hence increases in itself the chance of getting a suitable seajob:
- You stand out in the search results of seafaring compagnies
- Your appraisal can be the deciding factor in the choice for you over a seafarer that appears to have similar qualities but without or not having an outstanding recommandation like yours (show what sets you apart!)
- Appraisals make you reliable and credible, and therefore a desirable seafarer!
! Soon, you will find work on Crewlinker. Prepare yourself by adding appraisals.
Yes, you can add an appraisal to a sea service if you are still working on the ship:
1. Check the box "At the moment I am working in this position" when filling in your sea service.
2. Once you've done that, you can add the associated appraisal.
1. If it concerns an operator or crewing agency that isn’t part of the Crewlinker network yet and asks for your resume or that posted a vacancy that you want to sign up for, it’s best to share the downloadable version as well as the link to your profile.
As the concerned employer isn’t registered yet, it will not be able to access your Crewlinker profile via the link.
! However, the link makes employers visit the website and can trigger them to join Crewlinker. The more operators and crewing agencies join, the greater your chance will be to find a (suitable) sea job.
2. If you don’t feel the need to share your resume with others, you can always share your profile link with colleagues or potential employers as an invitation to join the Crewlinker network.
! In the future, your profile link and the downloadable version of your profile will be less necessary. When operators and crewing agencies join the Crewlinker network, you can connect with them on our platform. Shipping companies will search and find your profile and we will directly match you via the platform.
Good news, the first seajob vacancies will be very soon online on Crewlinker.
You haven't heard from us in a while, but that doesn't mean we have been idle... Over the last couple of months, we've worked hard to share offshore job openings with you.
Share your experience and expertise